Carthage FX®-PET High-Strength Series of Woven Polyester Geotextiles
Carthage Mills’ FX® High-Strength (PET) Series of woven polyester geotextiles were developed for the most demanding applications of reinforcement and confinement.
The FX® High-Strength Series (PET) is produced of 100% high-tenacity, high molecular weight, multifilament filament polyester (PET) yarns. Additionally, they deliver the higher ultimate tensile strength properties, resistance to installation damage, and also exceptional creep resistance and soil interaction that results in higher long-term design strengths (LTDS) per GRI-GT7.
Carthage Mills can custom manufacture FX® High-Strength (PET) geotextiles to meet individual project specifications up to approximately 55,000 lbs/ft Ultimate Tensile. We produce these in custom roll sizes with minimal lead times, and additionally we can meet difficult delivery requirements.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF PET POLYESTER GEOTEXTILES
Carthage Mills’ FX® High-Strength Series (PET) of woven polyester geotextiles are designed to provide cost–saving solutions in a wide range of applications as well as varying site conditions. This makes them the logical choice for the most demanding of applications.
- CREEP RESISTANCE: The high-tenacity, high molecular weight, multifilament filament polyester (PET) yarns and also weaving process delivers higher long-term design strengths (LTDS).
- REINFORCEMENT: High tensile modulus at low strains and excellent soil interaction delivers immediate support in severe conditions.
- DURABILITY: Superior resistance to installation damage assures long-term performance.
- HIGH SEAM STRENGTHS: Easily sewn in the factory or the field high to wide widths and also significantly decrease installation time.
- CUSTOM MANUFACTURE WITH MINIMAL LEAD TIMES: Manufactured to project specifications with minimal lead times as well as on-time delivery.
The combination of strengths, durability, creep resistance and soil interaction make the Carthage Mills’ FX® High-Strength Series of woven polyester (PET) geotextiles uniquely versatile in their ability to deliver in:
- Reinforcement for permanent and temporary Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) structures or walls
- Embankments and Dikes on soft soils and foundations
- Voids Bridging in landfills (liner support); Highways and Runways
- Reinforcement in steepened slopes
- Capping/Closures in landfills and other hazardous waste sites
- Geotextile tubes; Containment
- Most any reinforcement application that requires: High Creep Resistance, High Tensile Modulus, Tremendous Durability and Long-Term Design Strength (LTDS)