Carthage FX®-HS Series of Nonwoven Geotextiles
Carthage Mills’ FX-HS Series of nonwoven geotextiles are often times considered multipurpose geotextiles because they can offer immediate and cost effective solutions for many separation, drainage, erosion control as well as filtration applications.
Carthage Mills’ FX-HS Series of nonwoven geotextiles are constructed of 100% polypropylene staple filaments that have been needle-punched as well as heat-set for stability. Weights of these nonwoven geotextiles range from 3 to more than 30 ounces per square yard (convert to grams per meter).
Carthage Mills’ FX-HS Series of nonwoven geotextiles exhibits high durability but also has excellent resistance to puncture and tear, while easily conforms to the ground and site irregularities for trouble-free installation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS of Nonwoven Geotextiles
- The Carthage Mills’ FX-HS Series of nonwoven polypropylene geotextiles are designed to provide cost-saving solutions with most soil types in a wide range of applications as well as varying site conditions.
- Separation and Soil Retention
With superior soil-retention the HS Series therefore prevents dissimilar materials from inter-mixing subsequently extending the system life as well as performance of most drainage/filtration applications.
- Filtration and High Permittivity
Excellent soil retention in addition to high permittivity properties thus provide high water flow rates with most soil types.
- Strength and Durability
Provides excellent resistance to installation damage as well as adverse site conditions.
- Multi-purpose Versatility
Combining the FX®-HS Series features of Separation, Soil Retention, High Permittivity, as well as excellent Durability, the HS Series therefore provides cost-effective solutions in a wide range of applications.
APPLICATIONS for Nonwoven Geotextiles
Carthage Mills’ FX®-HS Series of geotextiles can be used in a multitude of applications.
- Subsurface Drainage applications and also systems along highways, under airfields as well as athletic fields, and also within embankments.
- Filtration/drainage in Segmental Retaining Walls (SRW)
- Separation under roadways, airport runways, access/haul roads as well as railroad ballast
- Permanent Erosion Control under riprap for slope and also shoreline protection
- Site Dewatering Bags
- Landfill drainage as well as filtration
- Subsurface barriers