Carthage Mills SF Series of SRW Geogrids
Woven-Coated Uniaxial Geogrids are most frequently specified to perform at least one of the following functions:
- Aggregate Reinforcement
- Soil Reinforcement
Carthage Mills has partnered with Synteen and is now offering SF Series of SRW Geogrids that are manufactured from high-tenacity, high molecular weight
polyester (PET) fibers in a full range of tensile strengths designed to meet the most
demanding soil reinforcement applications; including Ultimate Tensile up to 29,750 lbs/ft.
These Geogrids are woven in a stable, interlocking grid, placed under tension and polymer coated to
provide excellent resistance to chemical and biological degradation within the pH range common to
buried reinforcement applications.
The special polymer coating on our SWR Geogrids also increases the dimensional stability of the product
enhancing soil interaction properties and protecting against construction related installation damage.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The ultimate design properties of Carthage Mills' SF Geogrids were carefully targeted by
engineers who play an active role in the actual design and construction of segmental retaining walls. They provide
the most efficient long-term design strengths (LTDS) in the industry.
- SUPERIOR LONG-TERM DESIGN STRENGTH (LTDS): Carthage Mills' SRW Geogrids feature exceptional
long-term creep rupture performance. Combined with rugged resistance to installation damage and the durability
of high tenacity PET fibers, SF Geogrids provide the most efficient design strengths available
in the market.
- EXCELLENT SOIL INTERACTION: Carthage Mills' SF Geogrids deliver immediate tensile
reinforcement to the soil or aggregate fill ensuring top performance of the reinforced structure.
- COST EFFECTIVE: Industry leading LTDS and interaction efficiency minimizes the number of
geogrid layers required in the design.
- COMPREHENSIVE TESTING PROGRAM: Carthage Mills' SF Geogrids have been tested in accordance with the most
rigorous standards of our industry ensuring credible data upon which the most demanding MSE designs rely.
- ROLL SIZES: Carthage Mills' SF Geogrids are available in standard 6' roll width allowing for easy
shipping to, and handling at the project site. The standard 150' roll length is optimum for minimizing cut
waste at the end of the roll. Carthage Mills' SRW Geogrids are also available in a 12'x150' roll size.
Carthage Mills' SF Series of SRW Geogrids are used in a wide variety of soil and aggregate reinforcement applications.
- Segmental Retaining Wall (SRW) Reinforcement
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) structures or walls (Temporary and Permanent)
- Steepened slopes
- Veneer Reinforcement
- Voids Bridging
- Earth filled Embankments over soft soils; Dikes and Levees
- Welded wire-form faced walls i.e. Palisades