GBX-12 Type 2 Geogrid
Product Type: Integrally Formed Biaxial Geogrid
Load Transfer Mechanism: Positive Mechanical Interlock
Primary Applications: Base Reinforcement, Subgrade Improvement
- Unless indicated otherwise, values shown are minimum average roll values determined in accordance with ASTM D 4759-02.
- Nominal dimensions.
- True resistance to elongation when initially subjected to load determined in accordance with ASTM D 6637-01 without deforming test materials under load
before measuring such resistance or employing “secant” or “offset” tangent methods of measurement so as to overstate tensile properties.
- Load transfer capability determined in accordance with GRI-GG2-05 and expressed as a percentage of ultimate tensile strength.
- Resistance to bending force determined in accordance with ASTM D 5732-01. The overall Flexural Stiffness is calculated as the square root of the product of
MD and XMD Flexural Stiffness values.
- Resistance to in-plane rotational movement measured by applying a 20.0 kg-cm (2 m-N) moment to the central junction of a 9 inch x 9 inch specimen
restrained at its perimeter in accordance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Methodology for measurement of Torsional Rigidity. (Note that TriAx geogrids only
report this value as kg-cm @ 5.0 cm-kg.)
- Resistance to loss of load capacity or structural integrity when subjected to mechanical installation stress in clayey sand (SC), well graded sand (SW), and
crushed stone classified as poorly graded gravel (GP). The geogrid shall be sampled in accordance with ASTM D 5818-06 and load capacity shall be determined in
accordance with ASTM D 6637-01.
- Resistance to loss of load capacity or structural integrity when subjected to chemically aggressive environments.
- Resistance to loss of load capacity or structural integrity when subjected to 500 hours of ultraviolet light and aggressive weathering.
- The properties reported above are effective 12-01-22 and are subject to change without notice.
Carthage Mills assumes no liability for the accuracy or completeness of this information or for the ultimate use by the purchaser. Carthage Mills disclaims any and all express, implied, or statutory standards, warranties or guarantees, including without limitation any implied warranty as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or arising from a course of dealing or usage of trade as to any equipment, materials, or information furnished herewith. This document should not be construed as engineering advice.